Today – Thursday 28th January – is Data Protection Day. We wanted to mark this day because we know how important personal privacy is to our customers. When you’re selling or buying, letting or renting, or applying for mortgages, you’re likely to share a lot of sensitive information. You want to know that this information won’t fall into the wrong hands.
These are the steps we take to ensure we follow the Data Protection Act and keep your information safe.
- Information we hold is only accessible by those who require it.
- We store all information within safe and secure systems.
- We hold information for as long as necessary, and no longer.
- We dispose of all information in a safe and secure manner.
- We back up all information securely.
- We provide guidance to all staff across our business on how to handle and protect information.
- A culture of security runs throughout our entire business and guides the way we work at every level.