If you have been watching the news you are probably already aware that a storm is due to hit the UK. The first storm that has ever been named by the Met Office, Storm Abigail is predicted to bring gusts of winds of up to 90mph.1
It’s important to make sure your home is secure and if the worst was to happen that you’re covered.
- Ensure that gutters are clear from debris and leaves
- Ensure fences and trees are secure – if you have any hanging branches now is the time to take these down
- Put away garden furniture if you haven’t already
- Ensure doors and windows are secure
- Check your insurance covers you for damage caused by the weather. Some people think they are covered for certain things and they aren't, make sure your insurance covers for things like flooding but also accidental damage such as spillages. Lastly, make sure you meet any policy conditions there may be. Your Move can help with Building and Contents Insurance, click here to find out more
- Make sure you have torches, candles and matches in the house in the event of a powercut.
If you fancy naming future storms, the Met Office are giving the public the opportunity to name storms affecting the UK and Ireland. Names can be tweeted to @metoffice using #nameourstorms or sent in via the Met Office Facebook page or by email.
Home insurance with Your Move
At Your Move, we understand the importance of protecting your home. We offer a range of exclusive products for homeowners. It’s all part of our commitment to being the most genuinely helpful estate agent.
- Buildings Insurance cover of £500,000 as standard
- Contents Insurance £75,000 including audio and visual equipment such as TVs, laptops
- Standard risks covered including fire, flood, theft, storm and water damage
- Excess from as little as £100
- Contents temporarily removed from the home
Plus - optional extra cover for:
- Accidental damage
- Personal possessions such as personal money, pedal cycles
- Home Emergency with 24/7 access to approved tradesmen for emergency repairs and no excess
- Family Legal Expenses providing legal assistance to cover disputes, identity fraud etc
We can cater for a wide range of circumstances. Call us today on 01392 849751^.
Maybe you have some specialist requirements or fall outside the limits specified. No problem. For more information visit our Specialist and Non-standard Insurance page.