Remember, remember the 5th of November – are you attending a bonfire tonight? If the answer is yes, make sure you take a look at our top tips for keeping safe this evening.
- Walk pets earlier than normal and whilst it is still light – there’s less likely to be any bonfires or fireworks during the day.
- If you’re staying indoors or leaving pets alone, make sure you close windows and curtains so minimise the sound, you could also turn on the TV to help distract your pets from the noise.
- Fireworks travel at speed, never stand in the way of a firework and never throw a firework as this is a criminal offence.
- Wrap up warm – it is November after all!
- If you are using a sparkler, make sure wear gloves and you only use one at a time and always hold it at arm’s length.
- Stand well back from the fire and fireworks.
For more information on keeping safe or fun facts about bonfire night, take a look here.