Thinking about selling during the coronavirus crisis? We have a Q&A that might help you.
As the current crisis evolves, and as more restrictions are imposed at national and local level, it’s no wonder that existing or prospective sellers may be asking questions about the likelihood of selling a property and what guidelines they should follow.
As a result we’ve put together a handy Selling during Covid-19 Q&A combining the advice of government, as well as that of Your Move, which we hope will prove useful. This includes links to our handy Safe Property Agent video and highlights the measures we’re taking to protect our customers and colleagues.
Life may be unpredictable at the present time but at Your Move we believe that the coronavirus has done little to kerb the enthusiasm to make a move and in fact now might be the ideal time to sell your property. Here’s why:
- The Stamp Duty holiday introduced by the Chancellor in July can save buyers £000’s and has already helped to stimulate the property market with high demand for properties. Now might be the perfect time to put your house on the market, and also take advantage of the holiday if you want to buy too.
- Following the initial lockdown there has been pent up demand for property (which is continuing in the second lockdown) with many people realising that their current home may not be suitable for the future. Rightmove has reported that in some towns demand for property is massively outstripping the growth of available stock.
- Your Move has reported increased tenant demand and there’s been reports(*) of more enquiries from first time landlords eager to take advantage of this and who want to find properties suitable to let – perhaps yours is the one.
- There continues to be a variety of mortgages on offer – some offering good fixed term rates. As a result many buyers, particularly first time buyers, are keen to make a move and, in turn, will be looking for homes to buy.
- Your Move as an agent is geared up to support you. We’re Getting the UK Moving Safely having implemented a strong Covid-19 response, which follows all government guidelines, and which ultimately ensures we can help our customers, our staff and all those we work with us to stay safe. Book an appointment today to find out how we can help you.
(*) Legal and General
Blog update 10/11/2020