Specialist and non standard home insurance

Looking for insurance that's a little unusual?

Your Move Insurance Services use a panel of specialist insurers, so if you are struggling to obtain home insurance for your non-standard situation, they may be able to help. They're able to look for insurance solutions for many non-standard personal and property related scenario’s which some insurers may decline to cover, such as;

  • Unoccupied properties - Properties undergoing renovation, awaiting sale, or in probate.

  • Previous subsidence or flooding - Whether directly affected or in an area susceptible to such, we will do our utmost to obtain the best level of cover we can.

  • Adverse financial or claims history - Bankruptcy, CCJs or similar. A high number of claims or even a claim that is still open are all considered.

  • Criminal convictions - All convictions are considered under our “Fairplay” scheme, even if the conviction is not considered spent by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.

  • Non-standard construction - Anything from timber or steel frame properties, flat and/or eco roofs, pre-fabricated homes, listed buildings, cob wall, thatched roof among others.

  • Lodgers or paying guests - Any such person paying to reside in your property with or without a formal agreement in place.

  • High value buildings and/or contents - If you require buildings cover of more than £1 million or contents cover of more than £100,000 then you would benefit from having a specialist policy to meet your needs.

  • Non-standard landlord risks - Houses of Multiple Occupancy, tenancy agreements direct with a council or housing association, asylum seeker lets, blocks of flats among others.

Your Move Insurance Services can cater for a wide range of circumstances. Call them today on 01392 849751^ or complete the form and they'll be in touch to give you a quotation.

Request a Callback


Your data will be used for the purposes of your enquiry.  For more information please visit our Privacy Notice.

Your-Move is an introducer to Your Move Insurance Services for general insurance including household insurance, landlords insurance services, rent protection insurance and Legal Expenses Insurance. Your Move Insurance Services is a trading style of First2Protect Limited. First2Protect Limited is an Appointed Representative of PRIMIS Mortgage Network, a trading name of First Complete Ltd, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

Your-Move may receive a referral fee from insurance providers for recommending their services. You are not under any obligation to use the services of the recommended providers. The insurance provider may be an associated company of Your-Move.

^ Calls may be recorded and/or monitored for training and/or data protection purposes.