Tenant contents insurance

If something happened to the contents of your rental property, could you afford to replace them?

Your-Move Insurance Services make it as simple as possible to get your contents insured.

Their contents insurance for tenants includes tenants liability and public liability cover. In addition you have the option of adding, for an extra cost, the additional covers below:

  • Accidental Damage cover
  • Cover for personal possessions, away from the home
  • Family Legal expenses

Once you’ve applied to rent a property, give them a call or complete the form and a member of their UK based team will be in touch to discuss your insurance options.

What is accidental damage?

Accidental damage is defined as damage caused suddenly and by unexpected means.

With accidental damage cover, you’d be covered for accidental damage or loss to your contents while they are in your home. Phone gone for a spin in the washing machine? Kids decided to use your table as their new ‘art project’ or can’t keep hold of the games controller as it smashes through the TV?

That is what accidental damage cover is here for. From sofa spillages to dropped laptops, it covers a wide range of events. It is so important to include in your tenant contents insurance as it accounts for the vast majority of claims that are made.

However, please be careful, as it will not cover maintenance issues (generally called wear and tear) or items that are simply faulty because they may be old or have a design fault.

Request a Callback

Please note when requesting a call back for the same day we will endeavour to meet your request but this may not always be possible.

Your data will be used for the purposes of your enquiry.  For more information please visit our Privacy Notice.

Your-Move is an introducer to Your Move Insurance Services for general insurance including household insurance, landlords insurance services, rent protection insurance and Legal Expenses Insurance. Your Move Insurance Services is a trading style of First2Protect Limited. First2Protect Limited is an Appointed Representative of PRIMIS Mortgage Network, a trading name of First Complete Ltd, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

Your-Move may receive a referral fee from insurance providers for recommending their services. You are not under any obligation to use the services of the recommended providers. The insurance provider may be an associated company of Your-Move.