Top 10 rural properties in Scotland
If the thought of escaping to the countryside fills you with joy then you are not alone. In fact Rightmove recently reported that they have seen a 126% rise in the number of enquiries from city residents about village homes across June and July 2020 compared to the same period last year1.
From a cottage to former hospital, rolling hills to a loch, we have have picked our top 10 rural properties currently on the market to whet your appetite and remember if the amount you pay for your main home is in England and under £500,000 you will pay no Stamp Duty if you buy a property before 31 March 2021. If the property is your main residence and in Scotland then no tax is charged on properties under £250,000 until 31 March 2021. For more information take a look at the calculators below.
1. Stunning views over the surrounding countryside
2. An acre of land
3. A large garden and set within 50 acres of woodland
4. Converted country house
5. Far fetching views in every direction
6. Beautifully managed woodland gardens and use of the tennis courts
7. Set on the banks of the river Nith
8. 8 acres of gardens and woodlands with fishing rights to a large area of Loch Ness
9. Fantastic views and set in a vibrant rural community
10. Sea views to the front, countryside views to the rear and access to a large field