Search criteria: Properties in Loughton, EssexSave this search and set up alerts
A five-bedroom detached house, located on one of Loughton's most desirable roads. This striking home was beautifully designed in 1936 by marine architect Alfred Moulton and occupies an enviable corner location.
The house was designed by Moulton for himself with exquisite details referencing his nautical heritage. It is described in the Essex volume of Pevsner's The Buildings of England as one of the domestic buildings of interest in Loughton. It retains many original features including a magnificent panelled entrance hall that features an elegant hidden bar, which is fabulous for entertaining. Original parquet flooring features throughout much of the ground floor, with solid oak floorboards on the first floor. The ground floor also features spectacular stained-glass windows and two impressive marble fireplaces that have been beautifully restored. The first floor landing leads to a balcony accessed through double doors with stained-glass.
The current owners have lovingly restored and enhanced the house to an exceptional standard; the original Crittall windows were replaced with double glazed units that were again made by Crittall. The luxurious bathrooms have been modernised to a high standard, with the main bathroom on the first floor featuring stained glass windows. Every care has been taken to maintain the original beauty of the period features. The wonderful bespoke kitchen features hand painted units and a breakfast area with French doors leading to the impressive garden, which provides outdoor family dining space.
This is a house that was built with love and real care, and it simply exudes quality. Uniquely it still offers the new owners a rare and exciting opportunity to develop the home or land, subject to any necessary planning permissions being obtained.