Help to Buy is often associated with first time buyers but did you know that it can also benefit those buyers looking to move up the ladder?
If you're thinking of making your next move, Your Move can help you when it comes to selling your current home, finding a new home and even with your mortgage.
Before making the decision to purchase your next home and move up the ladder you should consider the reasons why you are moving and also whether you can afford to do so. If it has been a while since you last had to apply for a mortgage, following the Mortgage Market Review new mortgage affordability checks came into effect in April 2014. If you are applying for a mortgage, you will now need to go through these checks. However, there is also more help out there for those looking to buy including various schemes such as Shared Ownership and Help to Buy.
If you are unsure as to what you may be able to borrow and what equity you may have available, you can book a free initial appointment with a Your Move mortgage advisor who will be able to help you through the process.
What do you need to know about Help to Buy?
How it works:
- You get together a 5% deposit
- The government lends you up to 20% of the property value (up to 40% if buying within Greater London)
- You'll need to secure up to a 75% mortgage
- The loan is interest free for the first 5 years and then interest is charged thereafter
Who is it for:
- First time buyers and existing homeowners looking to purchase a new build are eligible
- It must be your only property
Maximum property prices:
- England - £600,000
- Wales - £300,000 (Help to Buy – Wales is a shared equity loan scheme designed to help first time buyers and existing home owners in Wales purchase a new-build home up to a value of £300,000, with as little as a 5% deposit. The Welsh Government will fund a shared equity loan for up to 20% of the purchase price.)
- Scotland - £230,000 (In Scotland Help to Buy only applies to those who are buying a new build home from participating home builders. The scheme is open to first time buyers and existing homeowners. Participating lenders are likely to require you to have a deposit of 5% of the property price. The Scottish Government will help eligible buyers by taking an equity stake of up to 15% of the purchase price. )
Terms and conditions apply to all Help to Buy schemes.
*Please be aware that by clicking onto the above links you are leaving the Your Move website. Please note that neither Your Move or First Complete Ltd are responsible for the accuracy of the information contained within the linked site(s) accessible from this page.
How can Your Move help?
Still not clear on how Help to Buy works? Not sure if it’s right for you? We’re ready to explain the mortgage schemes in an easily understood, straightforward way. At the same time you’ll benefit from our helpful financial services.
Find out more about Help to Buy from one of our Financial Consultants by calling free on 0800 056 4508^, or book a mortgage appointment online.
How about one of these?
Take a look at this selection of beautiful new builds, all available with the government backed Help to Buy scheme.
This stunning new build would be ideal for a small family or those looking to move up the ladder. The spacious three bedroom home is situated in a sought after residential location and has been finished to a high standard.
The Lea is described as a home for parents who love family life but also appreciate the quiet of their own space. The Lea offers bright open plan living space as well as an exceptional master bedroom that acts as the perfect sanctuary when the day is done.
Doncaster, offers around £395,000
There's just four plots remaining on this exclusive development within the popular area of Balby. These detached homes offer the flexibility to design a home that meets your needs and lifestyle.
An exciting new build set in a semi rural village location. The Valencia offers well thought out, welcoming living space, ideal for a growing family.
Newton Abbot, £309,950
Superbly located, this property offers fabulous living space in a popular location. The property has the advantage of four bedrooms and an intergral garage too.
YOUR PROPERTY MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON YOUR MORTGAGE.
Our initial mortgage consultation is free. We will charge a fee between £399 and £999 that is payable on application. The amount we will charge is dependent on the amount of research and administration required. We reserve the right to charge a subsequent fee of £99 for each further application that may be required.