For week number one of our #BranchSpotlight series we've got our wonderful Hillsborough taking centre stage.
Situated in the heart of the thriving Sheffield suburb, the busy office enjoys a regular stream of customers visiting the many amenities found in Hillsborough.
The Hillsborough branch showcases properties across the majority of Sheffield, including Hillsborough, Wadsley, Wadsley Park Village, Loxley, Worrall, Wisewood, Stannington, Walkley, Oughtibridge, Stocksbridge, Shirecliffe, Deepcar and some surrounding areas
Top Facts About Hillsborough, Sheffield
- Thanks to its heritage steeped in the steelworks, Sheffield is often fondly referred to as the Steel City, although in reality 61% of the city’s entire area is made up of green space, and a third of the city lies within the stunning Peak District National Park.
In fact, in Sheffield there are more trees per person than in any other city in Europe!
The city is home to several fantastic parks such as Endcliffe Park, Graves Park and Millhouses Park.
- Sheffield has wide range of museums and art galleries, including the Millennium Gallery and the Cupola Contemporary Art Gallery.
- The Steel city was the backdrop of the 1997 comedy 'The Full Monty', where six unemployed steel workers form a male striptease act.
- Sheffield is also the where the Hollywood actor Sean Bean grew up, and home to bands the Arctic Monkeys and Pulp. The area famously gets a mention in the classic Arctic's song 'Red Light Indicates Doors Are Secured'.
- Founded in in 1857, Sheffield Football Club is the world’s oldest football club.
Although the club is now based in Derbyshire, Sheffield is now home to two other football clubs: in Sheffield you are either a 'blade' (supporting Sheffield United) or an 'Owl' supporting Sheffield Wednesday.
Hillsborough is famously the home and name of the Sheffield Wednesday FC stadium.
- After much deliberation, the Hillsborough branch staff came to the conclusion that their favourite restaurant in Hillsborough is Sette Colli. This is a little Italian restaurant in Hillsborough, and was chosen as the best in the area thanks to its brilliant atmosphere and wonderful, authentic food.
< The lovely Gemma and Vanessa from our Hillsborough branch