Where should I look?
Your Move offers a number of ways to find rental property that is available now.
Use our rental search and adjust the filters and advanced features to narrow down the search to find exactly what you want where you want.
Sign up for property alerts to find out about new to market rental properties. This gives you access to the My Move part of the website where you can save favourite properties.
Go into your nearest Your Move branch and speak to your local Lettings expert who will help you find your rental. You can discuss your needs with them, and they can advise the best areas to match your criteria.
The only way to really get a feel for the kind of property you might rent is to arrange some viewings.
Go through your list of favourite properties arrange viewings via the website, or ask the branch renting the property.
Take your list of criteria with you on the viewings to make sure the property is a good match. It is also a good idea to make a list of questions to ask – here are some important ones:
- How much is the rent per calendar month?
- What is included in the rent?
- What additional bills are there? What is the likely cost? If it’s a house-share, how are the bills split and who pays them?
- How much deposit is needed? Where will my deposit be protected?
- What fees do I need to pay to set up the tenancy?
- Are there fees further down the line if I choose to renew the tenancy?
- How long is the contract?
- What notice period is needed when I want to leave the property?
- Who should I contact in the case of an emergency?
- What insurance does the landlord have to cover the property? What insurance do I need to cover myself?